Friday 7 December 2007

Archivo #1

I originally posted this on another blog somewhere OUT THERE on WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2006

Today I cried real tears. I did too...
After following a link to view Public Image Ltd performing on American Bandstand in 1980... previously to this I'd seen a brief extract but never the performance in it's entirety... and what a treat it was...
All nine minutes and fourty sumptuous seconds to be exact.
Oh my god! it all came back in one fell swoop...
What it means to be truly inspired and to live your life with courage and audacity...
To have enough attitude to demolish buildings...
Where anything is possible in a Werner Herzog "I will walk across continents in my bare feet just to be able to make my next film" type of attitude... not the attitude culled from false pride, but that which comes from purity of intent and above all integrity. (remember that?)
Now believe it or not I have endeavored to live my live by these ideals...
Ever since I was 15 when I read the first interview with the Sex Pistols in Sounds (1976) and the attitude of Mr John Lydon spoke to my heart and captured my mind like a rush of amphetamine.
The tears came from a sudden realisation... my ducts let forth when the span of time slapped me in the face. I was confronted with my youth and my ideals,
caught off guard in the crossfire...
But do you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. It doesn't matter that every member of this band have since gone on to disappoint so badly... believe you me at the time this was the real deal.
Ladies and Gentlemen watch, listen and weep.



No comments: